- This event has passed.
Business Express: Ready? Let’s Grow!
October 7, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This year, we’re taking Business Express to a new level: Business Express Cohort! We are seeking 25-30 small- and minority-owned businesses who want to expand their enterprises and succeed in 2022 and beyond.
This cohort will meet monthly (virtually) for a 2-hour learning session, led by long-time USPAACC partner, Tim Fulton, President of Small Business Matters, Vistage Chair Emeritus, CEO and Executive Coach. Learning sessions will cover modules related to Strategic Planning for Growth & Talent Management:
Strategic Planning For Growth!
A. Understanding the purpose and process of Strategic Planning
B. Why Growth? Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of business growth
C. Growth strategies for small & mid-size businesses
D. Exit strategy planning
A. The most important attributes of business leaders
B. Better understanding the science of Motivation
C. Evaluating your people
D. Best Practices in talent acquisition and retention.
The cohort will be split into 5-6 breakout groups (based on geography, industry, or annual revenue) and then be responsible for meeting monthly for an additional 2 hours to do assignments, network, and apply principles learned in classes to their businesses.
Dates for each learning session are:
- Oct. 7, 1-3pm EST
- Nov. 8, 1-3pm EST
- Dec. 1, 1-3pm EST
- Jan. 6, 1-3pm EST
- Feb. 3, 1-3pm EST
- Mar. 3, 1-3pm EST
- Apr. 7, 1-3pm EST
- May 5, 1-3pm EST
Participants who attend at least 6 of the 8 live learning sessions and 6 of the 8 breakout group meetings monthly (totaling 4 hours per month of commitment) will receive benefits below:
- A complimentary non-certified membership for one year or a stipend to renew or apply for your USPAACC Asian American/Minority Business certification for one year.
- A Certificate of Completion that indicates Business Express program and its coverage of talent management and business strategy.
- A feature video to tell your company story and experience with Business Express; the video will be promoted through a social media campaign
- A graduation/recognition ceremony for eligible participants will be held during the 2022 CelebrASIAN Procurement + Business Conference.
Requirements for Participation:
- Must be an established/growing business generating at least $500,000 annually
- Must have at least 5 employees but no more than 500 employees
- Must attend at least 6 of the 8 live learning sessions and 6 of the 8 breakout group meetings monthly (totaling 4 hours per month of commitment)
Registration & applications for this program are FREE!
If selected for this cohort, you will be contacted by a USPAACC representative by September 30 with an acceptance letter, Zoom link, and breakout group information for your first learning session on October 7.