Source: STL Partnership | www.stlpartnership.com
St. Louis County has established a Small Business Rapid Deployment Fund to assist small businesses that have been severely impacted by COVID-19. Funded through a grant from the St. Louis County CARES Act, this fund is being administered by the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership (STLPartnership). Information about the program and the application can be found below.
- $5,000 grants to small businesses impacted by COVID for operating expenses or business costs, including rent and payroll
- Restaurants may also use their $5,000 grant to cover purchases necessary to adapt to COVID-related public health restrictions, such as equipment for outdoor dining, heaters, tents, curbside service
- Expenses and costs must be incurred between April 1, 2020 and December 16, 2020
- Detailed description of expenses will be required at time of application
Applications Deadline: 5:00pm – Monday, December 7, 2020 or earlier if grant funds are depleted.
- 25 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees. Employee count is per applicant not per location. Applicants may be required to provide additional documentation of the employee count.
- Must have a physical business location (owned or leased) in St. Louis County.
- Businesses that received a County CARES Act grant are not eligible.
- Must be current on all County taxes.
- Must have been significantly impacted by the continued economic challenges created by COVID-19.
- Receipt of a PPP or EIDL loan or any other funding related to COVID-19 does NOT disqualify a business from receiving a Small Business Rapid Deployment grant. However, expenditures previously reimbursed from any other funding source, including insurance reimbursements, cannot be reimbursed again by this funding. This grant cannot duplicate other federal benefits received.
- Cannot discriminate on any basis per St. Louis County ordinances.
- Certain types of businesses will not be eligible, see the list at the link below.