Website Behavioral Health Response
Job Title: Trainer
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Training Manager
Hiring three individuals one for each of the following schedules: shifts – 9am – 5pm; 1pm – 9pm; and 9pm – 5am
The Trainer will organize, facilitate, and deliver training programs for employees including clerical, clinical, supervisory, technical, and lower-level management staff. The Trainer will have primary responsibility for training staff and providing feedback and coaching as part of continuous quality improvement. Trainers will be trained in the duties of a BHR crisis clinician and will provide crisis line services as required. Any relevant business practices will be taught and then trained by the training team. This position will be expected to work weekends and evenings.
· Plans, organizes, and effectively conducts trainings for BHR.
· Implement relevant trainings based on continuous improvement needs.
· Provide direct training support to all employees.
· Researches and identifies areas in which training is required and/or beneficial.
· Design, develop, and create training resources including visual displays from researched information.
· Assist in supporting organizational training that is delivered to meet appropriate standards as set by DMH, CARF and AAS accredited bodies.
· Evaluates and modifies existing or proposed programs; suggests and implements suitable changes.
· Takes live crisis calls with trainees as part of the training process and will be required to maintain crisis line skills. They will also do test calls, role plays, consultations, reviews, and provide constructive feedback to employees.
· Administers, scores, and logs results of qualification, learning assessment, and retention tests; arranges retraining or other appropriate action for insufficient scores.
· Assist in coordination of E-Learning Management System Relias.
· Coordinate training schedules.
· Facilitates delivery of training by reserving and setting up needed audiovisual equipment and training rooms; scheduling training times with attendees; preparing and distributing training aids such as handouts; and performing other related tasks.
· Work with Managers and leads to track progress of trainees.
· Perform various other duties and functions as required or assigned within area of expertise or scope of the position.
Education, Experience and Skills Preferred:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related area required (mental health, counseling, social work, training, business management, communications, education, etc.). Master’s preferred.
· At least two years of experience in related field required.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
Knowledge of adult learning principles and communication styles.
· Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
· Ability to design and implement effective training.
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and management.
· Must work well as part of a team and individually with other employees.
· Committed to ongoing professional and educational development.
· Participates in training, seminars, functions, and events.
At BHR, we believe that every team member has an integral role in the lifesaving services we provide. We are a trauma informed agency, and we hire people who are passionate about our mission and are committed to improving the lives of those we serve through our trauma informed models of practice.
Behavioral Health Response is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org