Website COCA STL
The Audience Services & Rentals Manager is responsible for performing and coordinating operations support, for all productions, rentals, and special events logistics. This position manages COCA’s rental program and is responsible for garnering interest and booking clients to meet revenue goals. This position will lead and develop Front of House employees in their activity and approach to providing a safe, warm, friendly and vibrant environment for audience, visitors and COCA staff. This position is also responsible for development and ongoing management of a COCA’s concessions program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Rental Program Management
- Book rentals and develop community relationships to meet rental revenue projections.
- Manage relationships with COCA’s community partners.
- Work collaboratively with Production and Artistic departments to ensure community partners are scheduled on agreed upon dates and that rental contracts and estimates are comprehensive and accurate.
- Respond to rental inquiries and guide on-site tours for potential rental clients.
- Develop rental packages customized to fit clients’ needs.
- Generate rental contracts and fee estimates. Process payment of rental fees.
- Schedule rental events in COCA’s facility management software.
- Coordinate equipment rentals and catering for rental clients.
- Facilitate post-event follow-ups with rental clients to obtain feedback on their experience. Use feedback to improve future processes and customer experiences. Research ways to improve the rental client experience.
- Coordinate with Artistic, Development and Education departments to finalize the fiscal calendar and determine available dates for special events and rentals.
- Work with the Technical Director and Operations Manager to staff rental events and schedule equipment use.
- Work collaboratively with COCA’s Marketing Department to create marketing materials and strategies for COCA’s rental program.
- Ensure compliance for rental events is always up to date. This includes working with Accounting to ensure insurance policies are up to date.
- Work in collaboration with HR and Operations to work through potential risk & safety considerations.
- Manage COCA’s annual rental budget
- Work collaboratively with Director of Finance & Development to annually review rental pricing and adjust as needed.
- Develop reports on rental bookings, revenue projections, and other reporting to show financial key performance indicators, presenting data to COCA Staff and Board, as required.
Audience Services Management
- Ensure that excellent customer service is provided to all patrons, visitors and staff from Front of House Staff.
- Maintain the appearance of front of house areas; communicate with maintenance crew as necessary to ensure a clean environment.
- Ensure a safe environment for all theatre visitors, including those with mobility or accessibility limitations.
- Provide leadership in emergencies, including fire alarm and inclement weather warnings.
- Maintain front of house equipment including hearing impaired devices, two-way radios and mobile concessions bar.
- Be on-site and available to provide guidance to front of house staff during productions and rental events.
- Hire, train, schedule, retain, and supervise part-time House Managers & volunteer ushers for events and COCA performances
- Manage front of house staffing budget for each show, including house management staff, concessions staff and concessions sales.
- Manage part-time Audience Services Coordinator, assigning duties to support Audience Services functions.
- Develop strategies to launch COCA’s concessions program, including: developing processes for ordering product and ongoing inventory management, determining product pricing, storage and equipment needs, and developing concessions staffing model.
- Plan and execute all front of house logistics to support successful operations
- Create and distribute detailed event sheets and checklists to communicate front of house and rental event logistics to front of house staff.
- Coordinate performance timelines with stage management, including preshow chat, curtain speeches, and intermission.
- Work collaboratively with COCA Systems Manager and Box Office staff to coordinate special seating arrangements.
- Attend production related internal COCA meetings to obtain information about COCA sponsored productions and rental events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/ or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant professional experience required.
- Minimum 1 year Theatre Front of House experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of event planning and logistics experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year management experience preferred
- Demonstrated record of setting and achieving revenue/sales goals, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens to clarifying points; responds well to questions; group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates other to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift at least 20lbs.
- Ability to circulate the building on foot and navigate stairs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- This position requires evening and weekend hours, dependent on COCA’s production and rentals schedule.
- COCA Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless you have a medical or religious exemption.
- See COCA’s Health & Safety Protocols for further details at: https://www.cocastl.org/our-campus/health-safety-procedures/
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.