Website COCA STL
The Development Operations Coordinator provides administrative leadership and support to the Development Department. This position is responsible for managing the overall flow of clerical or data driven development processes and coordinating relevant interdepartmental projects. Administrative excellence will be key to this role’s foundation of success. Additionally, the Development Operations Coordinator supports the Development team through advising on business process improvement and implementing technology-based solutions that support data-driven decision-making.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Consistently update and manage constituent records in Tessitura in order to ensure accuracy and a high level of customer service.
- Process contributed income gifts and recurring gifts; ensuring accuracy of entry and proper stewardship of donor intention:
- Create weekly deposits for contributions as set forth by the Finance Department.
Maintain deposit logs and all necessary documentation (for example pledge copies or check copies) of gifts and pledges for auditing purposes.
Keep record of unsecured verbal pledges and work with department staff to secure official documentation as needed.
- Facilitate the processing and mailing of donor acknowledgments and other donor correspondence, including but not limited to:
- Prepare and mail invoices and status updates for pledges (annual, capital, and other as required) and maintain schedule of regular invoicing for all receivable contributed income.
- Provide detailed giving histories at end of year and by request to donors and development staff.
- Serve as primary coordinator of Tessitura setup, data entry, and reporting for the department, with responsibilities including:
- Set up campaign, appeal, and fund structures to facilitate accurate gift entry to serve both the requirements of the Development and Finance Departments.
- Support the department’s moves management system (“Plans”), as well as provide documentation and training on an on-going and as-needed basis
- Create Tessitura-based online giving pages that create a positive customer experience and securely collects payment information.
- Lead and support reporting efforts for the Development Department
- Perform queries and generate reports using all internal systems that track customer activity at COCA (including Tessitura, ActiveNet, GiveSmart, and other platforms as necessary).
- Schedule automated reports sent to colleagues via email.
- Conduct trend analysis of donor engagement and contributions across all sectors of giving.
- Provide monthly contributed income projections reports
- Maintain campaign cash flow report, providing timely updates to Finance Department
- Serve as a primary Liaison to the Finance Department to support financial reporting and compliance efforts:
- Serve as a primary lead for the audit of the contributed income to the Finance team for annual audits, including generating gift reports and audit confirmations as requested by auditors.
- Reconcile promises to give receivables (pledges) and maintain schedules pertaining to the aging of those receivables.
- Prepare loan collateral reports supported by donor receivable schedules.
- Maintain campaign cash flow report, providing timely updates to the Finance Department.
- Ensure compliance with Donor Advised Funds policies and requirements.
- Oversee the creation of prospect and donor lists for mailings/solicitations, recognition, and analysis in order to meet the intended objectives of each inquiry.
- Provide administrative support for events, including but not limited to:
- Manage registration/check-in at major events.
- Assist with RSVP tracking and seating.
- Support annual contributed income budgeting process, managing timeline and deliverables for each budget line.
- Continually evaluate and improve processes related to data collection, review, and analysis.
- Assist team members in implementing best processes operationally, leveraging systems and tools to better serve donors and achieve fundraising goals.
- Provide oversight for Development Fellow, intern, or other part time clerical staff when they assist with database maintenance, mailings, and other assigned tasks.
- Keep print and electronic materials organized, ensure they remain available, and refreshed both online and in the office.
- Various special projects and other duties as assigned by Senior Director of Development & Finance or Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/ or Qualifications:
- Associates degree with courses in accounting/secretarial/office administration is preferred; Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Two years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Non-for-profit experience a plus.
- Experience with Tessitura database preferred.
- Computer proficient including Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet, etc.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for database systems.
- Ability to resolve sensitive issues and solve problems.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, establish and focus priorities, work independently without supervision
- Clear attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and composition skills for report preparation, special projects
- Ability to interact professionally with senior management team, Board of Directors, staff and community at-large
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- Forward thinking in relation to technology based solutions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding donor records and information.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
- This position may require work on nights and weekends, dependent upon COCA’s Event calendar.
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.