About Empower Missouri
Empower Missouri works to secure basic human needs and equal justice for every person in our state through coalition-building and advocacy.
We envision a Missouri in which all people have food, shelter, and justice.
· Adequate nutrition, affordable housing, and equal justice are essential for Missouri’s success.
· All structural oppressions are recognized, challenged, and dismantled.
· Evidence-based public policy is foundational for those who govern.
· The lawmaking process is truly accessible to all in our state.
About the Position
The Executive Director will be a highly motivated, engaged, and dynamic individual with an interest in securing basic human needs and equal justice for every person in Missouri through coalition-building and advocacy. The Executive Director (ED) serves as the hands-on leader working with the Board to execute the strategic initiatives of Advocacy, Communication, and Education for the organization. The ED ensures the organization’s role as a source of education, information, community involvement, business and collegial support, and development. The ED should be willing to serve as support for the team in their specific areas of focus, experience and knowledge while building and maintaining structure and alignment throughout the organization. The ED should be a consensus builder with a passion for equality.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Supervise and manage a staff of five current employees (mix of full time/part time). In addition, work with outsourced staff (such as part time bookkeeper) as necessary.
· Assess any additional staffing needs to fulfill the mission of Empower Missouri.
· Develop a strategic alignment of the organization from staff to board to external groups that allows everyone to understand, embrace and pursue the mission of Empower Missouri.
· Provide support and guidance to build upon current revenue. Ensure a robust grant program to support the mission of Empower Missouri, while developing innovative programming to drive value for donors and potential sponsorships.
· Effectively manage the organization from fiscal, administrative, and infrastructure perspectives.
· Approve and manage expenses, financial reports, and policy updates
· Be the primary resource to the board and staff for best practices, new ideas, and strong execution of shared goals.
· Manage a diverse communication strategy plan for both internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to newsletters, website, social media, etc.
· Motivate participation in this great organization, both through donations and volunteer efforts.
· Support staff and work well within a team.
· Work closely with the board to create and convey one cohesive voice for the issues of the state.
· Support and grow the robust grants program that currently exists.
· Develop and engage an annual giving program for individuals.
· Actively target and pursue corporate giving in support of mission.
· Assess all current fundraising activities and make recommendations towards additions, subtractions and improvements.
· Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in upper management positions within an advocacy organization is preferred.
· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or other related higher education is preferred.
· A diversity of knowledge and skills to effectively manage the organization including personnel management, fiscal management, fundraising management and growth, advocacy, event management, communications strategies, technology savvy, and building of partnerships and coalitions.
· Ability to set priorities, delegate responsibilities, mentor, motivate, and develop others.
· Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
· Strong creative and entrepreneurial spirit that enables the organization to grow and expand its influence within its vision and mission.
· Currently living in the state of Missouri.
· 25-50% of in-state travel expected (as pandemic conditions allow)
· Engaging personality with strong public speaking skills
· Strong writing & communication skills
HOW TO APPLY / CONTACT
Send cover letter, resume detailing measurable success in the key qualifications for the positions firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit www.nmblstrategies.com/jobs to see more.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be notified via email as to the status of their application.
Empower Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Empower Missouri affords equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com