Website The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Our mission is to accelerate business creation, global connectivity and equitable employment opportunities in St. Louis City and County.
The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership aligns regional efforts in business development, business finance, entrepreneurial support and international trade services.
The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership (SLEDP) provides a broad range of services to boost innovation and entrepreneurship, to support business retention and expansion, to enhance the region’s global relevance, and to revitalize communities.
The Partnership is a key facilitator of initiatives to encourage equitable economic prosperity and resiliency throughout St. Louis City and County.
Accredited Economic Development Organization
St. Louis City/County Economic Development Partnership is proud to have earned the distinguished title, Accredited Economic Development Organization (AEDO) from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The accreditation signifies the professional excellence of economic development entities throughout North America.
Responsible for performing professional level administrative and miscellaneous work within the Accounting department. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): providing administrative support to a professional team, data entry and processing of check disbursements, reviewing confidential information, creation and maintenance of department spreadsheets and DrillPoint reports, database interface and maintenance, interpretation of policies, procedures and fiscal information, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide clerical data entry support to Accounting department for general journals, vendor invoices, purchase orders, customer invoices, cash receipts, and budget journals.
- Processes distribution of weekly cash disbursements.
- Develops and maintains complex filing systems on various subjects – both hard copy and electronic files.
- Provides administrative support to the Accounting department, and other STL Partnership executives as needed.
- Assists with scheduling meetings, appointments, and event planning, prepares materials for reports. Coordinates calendars and schedules, completes travel requests (including travel arrangements and mileage) and expense reports, and maintains business and telephone contacts. Prepares and handles expense reports, monthly mileage documents, and other miscellaneous activities.
- Assists with budget preparation, complex budgetary and expenditure plans, and processing of budget variations. Processes contracts, purchase orders, invoices, accounts payables, and receivables.
- Assists with the completion of budget and quarterly variance reports for department. Also prepares accounting summaries, creates budget adjustments as necessary, and codes and processes client invoices.
- Develops and maintains electronic databases (e.g., SalesForce) for department.
- Manages the Accounting email inbox.
- Ensures compliance with due diligence processes when purchasing products, supplies, or services, or when entering into agreements.
- Resolves problems and recommends procedural improvements to expedite workflow.
- Represents Accounting department, as well as the Partnership. This includes attending various meetings to assist with attendance, manage pre and post meeting set up/take down, assist with coordination and staffing of committee meetings, and preparing summaries of those meetings.
- Composes correspondence and manages calendar for Chief Financial Officer.
- Routes contracts and purchase orders for the Accounting department.
- Develops and maintains electronic forms and policies and procedures manual for the Accounting department.
- Orders supplies and equipment. Stocks and dispenses office supplies.
- Opens, sorts, and routes mail.
- Performs various other duties and functions as required or assigned within area of expertise or scope of the position.
Professional qualifications for this position include:
Education: Associates degree (bachelors preferred) in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years office management, office systems, word processing, CRM software, and spreadsheet computer software experience.
- Minimum of 2 years work related experience with progressive responsibility.
- Intermediate to advanced problem solving and program/project management experience in a practical setting.
- Generally accepted governmental accounting practices.
- Accounting software packages.
- Modern administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing systems, filing and records management systems, spreadsheets and other office procedures, equipment, and terminology.
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communicate strongly and effectively with managers, co-workers, businesspersons, and the public, both orally and in writing, and maintain effective working relationships therewith.
- Manage multiple tasks and work independently and without supervision within tight deadlines.
- Think and act independently and problem-solve creatively within a range of established guidelines.
- Perform and accomplish requirements of the job using appropriate general office equipment and software.
- Use basic computer word processing and spreadsheet/database management applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications).
- Use and set up equipment needed for presentations (i.e., projector, laptop computer, television monitor).
- Present self in a professional manner and appearance.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written materials.
- Understand, interpret, explain, and apply relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attend to details, calculate numerical formulas, verify accuracy of amounts and calculations.
- Perform light physical work exerting up to 10 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Assist with front desk relief duty as defined.
Working Conditions: The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal Characteristics: Strong written and verbal communication skills are expected. It is expected that the selected candidate will recognize and respect diversity and work effectively with people of other backgrounds and cultures and will have a desire to make a positive difference within the community.
Commensurate with experience, we offer a competitive base salary and a culture which fosters and supports creativity and innovation. The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership offers a full range of employee benefits as well.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume to https://stlpartnership.aaimtrack.com.
Also, applicants are encouraged to visit our website to learn more about the organization: https://stlpartnership.com.
The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. The organization considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com